Monday, June 22, 2009

Weather to go!

There are so many great applications out there to choose from for any mobile device, whether you use a Blackberry, iPhone, Android or the new Palm Pre. If your device is new to hit the market there might not be as many options to choose from yet, but that will change quickly! One thing I love being able to check on mobile devices is the weather. There are plenty of weather applications geared for sailing, flying and other specific activities, but I like to know what is going to happen in my city for the next few days, and also other parts of the world.

One of the best weather applications I’ve seen so far has been Weatherbug. Improved since its days as a desktop application, Weatherbug is now offered on the iPhone, Google Android and the Blackberry Storm. The basic Weatherbug is an ad-sponsored free application that has plenty enough features to keep me happy. I get an unlimited number of locations showing 7-day forecasts, in-depth current conditions and weather superimposed on a map that I can adjust. There is also a paid version called Weatherbug Elite for those that need more sophistication and data.

Easier than free is the basic Weather application that comes with the iPhone. Adding and deleting cities is simple. I enjoy how quickly I can scroll left or right and see if a location is light or dark, rainy or sunny and the current temperature. If I look down the screen I get the forecast for the next 5 days also. It has become part of my daily routine to quickly check the forecast and what the weather is in other parts of the world. As much as I might be envious of Boca Raton or Sydney, I smile when I see that my friends on the east coast are buried in snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment