Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Flickr for iPhone


Yahoo has finally released Flickr as an iPhone / iPod Touch application. This allows you to share your photos and view your friend's photos from you phone, anywhere you are.

As well as shooting, uploading and sharing photos and videos, the app lets you geo-tag and add them to a set. You and your friends can then view the photos by set or tag.


I had recently written a blog article about MobileMe (iDisk) and it's capability to store photos on the 20GB space provided, but Flickr makes a great alternative to those who do not require, or wish to pay, for the MobileMe membership.

2 comments:

  1. I prefer using Flickr over the idea of spending a large amount of money for MobileMe, since I don't really need what else it offers.

    I'm already a Flickr user so this works best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the use of something like Flickr. For someone who doesn't already have that, or who wants everything MobileMe has to offer, it's worth the money. Otherwise, I like Flickr for the iPhone.

    ReplyDelete