Sunday, March 20, 2011

RunKeeper Pro


I've blogged before about some iPhone apps that combine the latest technology with sports, such as skiing, biking or running. I've recently been playing with an App called RunKeeper Pro (available on most smartphones) that is one of the best sports app products I've seen recently.

Like many other apps, this one will measure distance travelled (using the iPhone's GPS) and run timing in many different ways. It includes all the goodies like audio cues based on time or distance and it can display current pace or speed, or average pace or speed. There is also a timer feature, interval setting and the ability to show calories burned during each activity.

At first I was a little hesitant when it required me to generate an account by entering my email and a password, but after a little investigating I found out why. The app features a section called "sharing settings" whereas you can share your activities and route maps via RunKeeper Live, Twitter or Facebook - or all three! You can easily check past activities for comparison.


Another couple of neat features are a few icons displayed allowing you to set the orientation of the device and take photos. the app also connects to your iPod part of the iPhone for playing music. It really is an all-in-one program making this a real Kick Butt iPhone application.

I recall seeing the app for $9.99, but it's currently on sale for 100% off - free is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment