Friday, August 7, 2009

Facebook for iPhone


An iPhone application I find myself using more and more these days is Facebook. I'm not a social networking addict, but I do like to check up on friends and see what they are doing throughout the day. By selecting the Facebook icon on my iPhone, it quickly brings up the page and I see the latest notifications, messages and and news feeds. Because it's on my own cell phone, I don't worry about logging off, like I do on a work PC.


Social networking websites have become a way of life. A norm if I may. Facebook, Myspace, Classmates, Bebo, Twitter... they have all become a forum through which we communicate. As an example, I got stuck in an elevator the other day (only for a few minutes) and afterwards people asked what I did. Oddly enough the first thing I did was update my Facebook status explaining that I was stuck in an elevator at floor 3 1/2. You see I had my iPhone out anyway checking the weather forecast for the weekend and so... it just seemed like the prudent thing to do!

Using this iPhone app I quickly find out what I want and end up spending less time on the actual Facebook site. I'm not sure this is how they would want the app being used but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment