Thursday, July 23, 2009

News for nerds

When I see what iPhone applications people have downloaded, there always appears to be a theme unique to that individual. My kids like to download game applications (duh) and my wife likes cooking and medical applications. My brother likes applications related to Apple computers and accessories, mortgage tables and Real Estate. A friend's new iPhone 3GS has applications about Social Networking, Audi, Porsche, BMW, Hugo Boss, Rolex and Movado. Can you spot the trends?

Apart from iPhone applications that I've downloaded to write about, the apps that I have for my own entertainment are mostly... well... the news! Yes, I am an iPhone news nerd. I have about a dozen different news applications on my iPhone. A few are actually local iPhone applications written for my neighborhood that allow me to keep in touch with my local community. Of course I also need an application that has the news written in the city newspapers, of which there are three. On a national level I also have two applications that cover events mostly about the country. Almost done... but yes I do have more. I enjoy a worldly news perspective which is why I turn to the BBC News - my top choice, which also happens to be free.

On the fun side I enjoy the Nasa News Reader application for the iPhone, which keeps me up to date with space related news and how that might play into my day. I'm still undecided on whether to spend the 99 cents and get the Soap Opera News!

No comments:

Post a Comment